Thursday, June 17, 2010

Bordering On Magnificent No Regrets

Regrets are heavy things.


I've lifted and carried some heavy things in life,
around my house, on the job, on my mind and in my heart.

I've helped move a car, a piano, lifted people, boxes and clothing at work.
I've moved furniture,
(Amy and I used to move furniture on a rug
and LOUDLY sing the "magic carpet song"
from the Disney movie Aladdin
as we pulled the piece across the floor.)

I've carried the weight of too many bills and not enough income,
I've carried the heaviness of being misunderstood by those I loved.
I've carried the pain of others and the confidences of many,
I have carried 2 children in my body
and these 2 and many more in my heart.

But the HEAVIEST suckers
I have ever carried... were REGRETS!

Regrets are absolutely crippling!

Regrets are the slipperiest suckers to get a grip on.

They obstructed my view of all of the enjoyable things
in my present moments and in my path ahead.

AND They Would Never stay where I put them,
Nope,...just kept rolling around in my head
at random times,
like when I was trying to sleep,
or focus on something good,
or plan a better tomorrow.

I found out a long time ago that
The Best I can do...
is the best I Can do.
....Today.
At this moment.

Regrets TAKE Time.

They take up SOOOOOOOOO much of life.

I stopped having time for them years ago.

I KNOW that I am doing my best
each day and each moment.

I know what my strengths are
and the areas I want to grow stronger in.

When something dressed up as a regret approaches,
I tend to say,
"Dude... I know that I kinda sucked at that,
but I did the best I knew how to do at the time."

I make choices now, not planning or willing to have regrets.
I always have the ability
to take the Great Thing from the experience
and move on into the new path.

This also leaves little tolerance for those
who want to judge me or others
by what they think they know about them,
or who rate others and their future by their past.

The good news is, this way,
I actually like the people I spend time with.

SOOOOOO......ROCK THE SPACE YOU'RE IN! ! !

NAME your next regret "DUDE"
Have a very brief conversation with it,
and then move FORWARD.....JoyFULLY.
(and tell me about it.)

Love and Peace of Mind,
Delight and Clarity of Purpose,
to you and those you love,
Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment