Tuesday, April 14, 2015

WORKING FOR WHO?

Ending the evening in peace.
Reconnected to myself 
and to those 
who truly matter in my life at this time.

Music shared by Sharon
An orchid from Val
Adventures from Kris
And time ahead with Brenda tomorrow that like today's time spent also reminds me that my life is meaningful and purposeful and touches others.

When one does not have a  "9 to 5"
it would be easy to believe that provision and salvation come from the security of having someone to work for and a manager to direct us for whatever hourly wage they would choose to value us at.

Believe that I do not take my freedom lightly.  I live day by day not knowing exactly who will need what I have to offer, and when they will need me.

I spend some parts of my day checking on and spending quality time with my friends parents.
Other parts of my day I am creating singing telegram deliveries to verbally value clients loved ones. 
and parts of my day I spend in wonder 
as I find supernatural direction to be right where I am and available to someone, often at a moments notice.   

 I am always trusting for the work and provision of things that some never need to give a second thought to.

Yet today,  I stopped at my husband Ricks grave, and had time to wander and look at graves all over that section of the cemetery.

Didn't know why I was being drawn to walk and wander till I saw that among the many graves of elderly souls or ancient historical markers, there were grave after grave of souls who had died as youngsters.  
Some actually had photos on the stones.   By the dates some were stillborn or lived only days months or a year or so, while others had passed in their teens.
Whether from illness or sorrow with living,
each one left behind others who likely still feel and grieve their loss deeply.

SO... although I do not have 
"a responsible job 
with a reliable hourly wage 
or a consistent bi-monthly paycheck"...
I Was Free  to spend part of my day today being present to the lives of  and celebrating the spirits of these precious departed ones, and sending prayers and blessings to those who love and miss them. 

This journey began there and culminated with thoughts of those I've met over 50 years who have suffered the same types of loss.

Responsibility is to be valued,
and effort and sweat are noble,
but I am looking forward to continually becoming even more available to go whatever distance it takes to assist, love, encourage, comfort, validate, or wash the feet of the weary and lonely.

 I sat outside walmart tonight, while a friend ran in to get a few things,
I noticed that the employees leaving at 10PM and those arriving were all wearing Navy blue t- shirts with a HUGE yellow Asterisk (  *  )  stamped on their back right between their shoulders.
(  It is right where I used to get pinched nerves in my back when I worked retail.)

While I am hopeful it is just a designation they must wear to be more visible to the customers needing their service, and not a stamp of ownership. It does feel much like a corporate mark placed upon overworked and undervalued slaves.

Thankfully delighting in the One who owns my heart and Who I work for.
I love being available when you or He calls.

Love and Peace of mind,
Delight and Clarity of purpose,
to you and those you love,
JOY




    

No comments:

Post a Comment