Saturday, June 5, 2010

Bordering On Magnificent THE TAJ MAHAL

GREAT day with MyMom andMyDaughter in SanDiego
You will hear about that tomorrow... ( or see it on the news???)

I heard this story years ago and asked mom for a re-telling to share with you.

Mom had been on her own in Chicago since my dad kidnapped my sister and I in 1963 and left for Las Vegas with moms best friend and her daughter.
No worries ! We 3 kids were fine and mom started building a new life including getting a job that same week.
Eventually ( in 1980) this life led her to Burbank California, working retail security for the Broadway Department stores. During these years, her love of travel continued and she planned a trip to Nepal. It was an amazing trip...but then again, mom can make a trip to Target an adventure.
Somehow, due to unforseen circumstances she was not able to see the Taj Mahal before arriving at the airport to depart for home. A fellow traveler Anuk was horrified that she had come all that way and missed seeing " His TAJ " Yes... he actually said " Joan, you must stay and see My TaJ. Mom insisted that she couldnt as she had no hotel and was expected back at work and "couldn't afford " to lose her job. Anuk insisted that his sister and brother in law would allow her to stay at their home and be her guide to the Taj Mahal and see her off from the airport.
Anuk was an influencial man, a reporter for the Delhi Times Paper, and even offered to cable or
phone from his office to speak with moms boss about the change in plans.

BUT. . . being a loyal employee AND needing her job she reluctantly declined the offer and flew home. Upon her return to work the co-workers were abuzz with questions about her trip. Especially. . .How Was The Taj Mahal ? ? ? Silence . . . my mom explained that she had missed it due to having to return to work. Her manager said incredulously...HOW COULD YOU GO ALL THAT WAY AND NOT SEE THE TAJ MAHAL????????You should have stayed!!!
Mom said- yes, you are saying that now but if I had it would have been a different story. I was afraid I would lose my job!
Well... My mom stopped being afraid of nearly anything that day... She looked at me after telling that story to me years ago and said...

"KID,. . . NEVER MISS THE "TAJ MAHALS" IN YOUR LIFE..
. . . .FOR ANYTHING ! "

Rock the space you're in!

What will you, or did you do today
to not miss a Taj Mahal moment in your own life?
Let me know.
Love and Delight, Peace of Mind and Clarity of Purpose
to you and those you love,
Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment